Thursday 2 February 2017

Swimming out to sea with Erstwilder's Ocean Vibes Range


For those who don't know, I'm a massive ocean lover! Wanted to be a Marine Biologist as a kid, dreamt of working on the ocean. Orcas are my all time favorite animal, to the point I have a massive one that sits on my bed as well as a smaller one too. I grew up watching Free Willy, my brain absorbing documentary facts like a sponge. While my life didn't let me follow the path I'd always dreamed, my love of the ocean has still remained (hence my obsession with mermaids!) so you can imagine my excitement when I saw that an Orca was included in the newest Erstwilder release: Ocean Vibes!

Ocean wish and Olinda the Honorable Orca brooches by Erstwilder
As a lover of Erstwilder in general, its so great to see such a gorgeous range centred around the ocean. I loved their first ever 'ocean' themed release from a few years ago and this one has truly gone above and beyond. A massive collection of 20 pieces consisting of brooches, earrings and necklaces have hit their store and there really is a something to suit everyone. For this post I wanted to share my two favorites from the range, though I have no doubt I'll be adding more from this range to my ever growing brooch drawer!


The Ocean Wish brooch is a gorgeous little brooch which makes me think of tidal rock pools and wandering around the point with my grandmother collecting shells. Tidal pools are such amazing places and the life you find in them is even moreso. Looking through them as a child I saw many star fish amongst the rocks and this brooch perfectly captures those memories. Set on a blue patterned base, it features strips of seaweed with a pink and yellow starfish.




The detail in this brooch truly is beautiful. The ripples through the seaweed, the flecks through the water and even the layering of the starfish all help bring together a cute little piece which will let you take the rock pools with you wherever you go! This brooch left me feeling truly special. After loosing my grandmother last year, it for me feels like a small memory of something I used to love doing with her that I can wear wherever I go.

My other must have from this newest Erstwilder collection was Olinda the Honorable Orca. With an Orca being at the top of my favorite animals list, Olinda had to be mine. They released the sneak peak of this gorgeous girl when the world found out Tilikum had passed away and I thought the timing for this collection was so perfect. 


For me this brooch celebrates an incredible animal, an animal for me is absolutely incredible and that should be out in the ocean swimming free. Olinda features a beautiful blue splash of textured acrylic (it makes me think of the sunshine flicking across water) and Olina is solid black and white. She's in a jump position, which for me makes me think of Willy's big jump at the end of the first Free Willy movie.

This range also includes some gorgeous additions I need as well such as Here's Brucey the shark, Echo of the Ocean who is the prettiest dolphin and the Ocean Trotter who is the most adorable seahorse. There's also a completely new style mermaid, so gorgeous! 


I hope you've all enjoyed this review and love this range as much as I do! I know I'll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of this range as its a range that makes my mermaid heart sing.

You can get pieces from this collection from Erstwilder as well as other amazing stores such as Gwynnies, Natasha Marie Clothing and Coconette-Oz.

Til next time darlings!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a collaboration with Erstwilder, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment