Wednesday 8 February 2017

1940's Princess with Royal Vintage Shoes



With my love of a 1940’s aesthetic feeling like its reaching a peak in 2017 (I’m so ready to start making my own 1940’s creations as well as expanding my 1940’s wardrobe more) I’m excited to share my favourite pair of shoes from the Royal Vintage Shoes first release with you all: the Nita heels. As I learnt more about the 1940’s look, I learnt that the shoes are a big part of creating a finished look. My love for the Nita comes from her versatility: the perfect heel for both day wear and evening.
Hair Clip ~ Lovisa
Earrings ~ Vienna earrings in silver from Revere Folie
Dress ~ True Vintage 1940's Ball gown bought from Word From the Bird
Shoes ~ Nita heels from Royal Vintage Shoes
The Nita heel is a 1940's style sandal heel that features an ankle strap. These are a gorgeous reproduction based on an actual 1940's shoe. As an Aussie gal who not only struggles to find the amazing true vintage heels of my US and UK counterparts down under and whose foot is a tad wider at the front (making my confidence a bit shakey when buying true vintage shoes online) I'm so happy to have found a pair of heels that I can wear with my true vintage 1940's items that give an authentic look.





The Nita heel's design is very subtle but truly makes them such a stunning shoe. Across the toe there is a feature cut out, which also includes subtle stitching as well. The cross over a the back of the ankle is equally a stunning feature of this shoe while not overpowering the front detail. The heel is a sensible 3 inches and has been molded from an original 1940’s heel, which makes them comfortable for long periods of wear.  Perfect for a day at the office or a night on the town. Featuring leather lining along with its super soft suede exterior, I didn't really need to break these shoes in at all. I've had no problems with blisters, fight pressure or rubbing of any sort. I've worn these to work, to nights out and had no issues with support on my aches or comfort. These really are an incredibly made and comfortable shoe.


For this review I wanted to showcase how these heels could be worn in a formal setting, so chose to shoot them with this gorgeous 1940's ball gown I bought from Australia Vintage store Word from the Bird. They are an amazing pairing and I honestly cannot wait to wear this outfit out to a real even and not just to a photo shoot!


The Nita heels retail for $145USD/$192AUD + shipping, which I normally have in 1-1.5 weeks all the way down under in Australia. For size reference I'm wearing a 7.5 which is the same as my B.A.I.T footwear size.

As a girl who used to skimp on shoes and live in cheap ballet flats and poorly made heels...I can vouch that if you can it is totally worth spending the money on well made shoes to help lift your pinup look. My best shoes are without a doubt my Royal Vintage Pairs followed closely by my Miss L Fire heels (which are also from the Royal Vintage Store). They mean less blisters, less aches and happier feet which has definitely made my life a whole lot easier. 

I hope you've enjoyed this review and have loves this look as much as I have! I definitely need more 1940's gowns in my life! 

Also if you haven't signed up for the Royal Vintage newsletter or follow them on Instagram you totally should! I hear whispers of a new release of their collection coming in 2017 and after loving their first range so much (see my other reviews of their shoes here and here) I am so excited to see what amazing vintage designs they bring to us in 2017!

A massive thank you to photographer Phil Ingram for these gorgeous snaps too.

Til next time darlings!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes as part of a sponsorship with Royal Vintage Shoes, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment