Thursday 26 May 2016

Casual 40's Girl Glamour ~ Lana Pedal Pushers in Black Denim from Freddies of Pinewood


Hello darlings!

I've been talking a lot recently (I mean, since I started this blog space!) about my growing desire for more 1940's items in my wardrobe. While the 1940's was definitely an era of polished feminine glamour, I have also been on the hunt for styles that are more practical. With my weekends normally spend running around for my business or seeing family, dresses aren't always practical. So when I saw the Lana Pedal Pushers by Freddies of Pinewood, I knew I couldn't go past them.

Scarf ~ Teal Repro Nylon Scarf
Sunglasses ~ JayJays (2 years ago)
Top ~ Bikini Beach Bash top by Atomic Swag from Gwynnies
Belt ~ Kmart
Jeans ~ Lana Pedal Pushers in Black by Freddies of Pinewood
Shoes ~ Pink Flats from Payless

This is my second pair of Freddies. I haven't reviewed my first as they currently incredibly snug on my butt, but as I'm about to embark on a 12 week workout plan I'm not too worried. I scored these Freddies Jeans new with tags on Ebay, however they are also on sale at the moment via the Freddies of Pinewood website. The Lana Pedal Pushers are incredibly comfortable. While my waist measurement atm is hovering around a 31 inch, I opted to go up to the 34' waist, as I found the 30's which are the size of my other pair don't have quite enough butt room. For reference I am currenlty sitting around a 44 inch hip. I did find them a bit stiff in the first wear but since wearing them a few times since, the denim has relaxed enough that movement is comfortable. While the waist is a litte big, they are a comfortable fit everywhere else.


Something else I'd like to note about these jeans is the Durability. On my second day of wearing them I tripped over onto concrete pretty bad, thanks to misjudging the height of the gutter. While me knees got quite bruised, these jeans definitely saved my knees from being really cut up, they also have no marks from my trip at all. Not even a scuff in the denim. I can tell I'm going to get a lot of wear out of these pants.


I've been having such a ball pairing these jeans with different tops. Its a great outfit for casual days when I'm off running around for my business. And it fits my curves comfortably which for me is important. I also feel that even if I lost weight, these would still be wearable, thanks to the belt loops. I love teaming these jeans with my Atomic Swag shirt and I honestly cannot wait to get more. Its been so wonderful experimenting more with casual pinup and making my pinup style better suited to my hectic lifestyle.


The Lana jeans are currently on sale for 30 British pounds, which comes in at around $60AUD + postage. For anyone after an authentic cut of retro jean that is both comfortable and durable, I strongly recommend Freddies of Pinewood!

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post darlings. As always, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have in the comments below!

Til next time!



1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully fun + cute outfit! I adore Freddies' denim offerings as well. In fact, I'd be very nearly denim-less were it not for such and second your experience with their durability bit time. I've had all of my pairs for at least the better part of five years and each has been worn dozens of times, yet not a single one is showing any major signs of age, damage, fading, etc - not even my overalls/dungarees, which have seen the dog park and all that entails more times than I can count now. In short, Freddies are wardrobe godsend for me. :)

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete