Tuesday 1 September 2015

Loving Lina ~ A Voodoo Vixen Review

Morning all!

Its review time! Today I'm reviewing the amazing Lina Dress from Voodoo Vixen!
Now days I tend to look for clothes that I can easily make fit into both my work and my personal life. Working full time in an office now days means that my purchases of plunging neck lines and halterneck tops have really faltered in the past 6 months, as they simply aren’t appropriate to my line of work anymore. Sure I still buy them, but nowhere near as regularly as I once did. This gorgeous dress jumped out at me because I felt the simple two tone colour-ways made it a versatile little number! Easy to accessorize because of its block colours and create multiple looks. This pretty has become a much loved piece in my corporate wardrobe!

 In this blog post I'll be talking about the fit, quality, my thoughts on this dress and styling!

First Impressions

My first impressions of this dress was the I loved the colour! Growing up, I was such a SUCKER for blue.I wore pretty much exclusively blue from around 12-14 and I’ve been trying to incorporate it back into my wardrobe again. The lighter accents throughout the dress also stood out to me as really pretty touches and the bust line/capped sleeves meant it would be an appropriate work number for me.

The Fit


I found the fit of this dress to be spot on and true to size. I got the medium, which is my most common size in pinup repro clothes and it fit perfectly. I can comfortably wear it with or without my foundation garments but much prefer it with, as it really enhances the cut of the dress. The bustline of the dress I found to be comfortable, it sat high enough I wasn’t showing off my bust, which I feel is more work appropriate. The colour also gave it a more formal feel, lending it for a night out as well as a day at work. The capped sleeves also meant I was able to wear a dress with sleeves without having to worry about it being too tight/cutting in. The length was perfect for wearing with a crinoline for some extra volume as well as without.

Quality

I cannot fault the quality of this dress. The button detailing down the front is perfect, there were no imperfections in the sewing and there have been no issues with the zip. Overall, I have been very impressed with the quality from Voodoo Vixen! And the cuts of their designs are adorable!

Styling

This dress is a styling dream! Being made up of two block neutral colours, it means you can accessorise it in a lot of different colours! I’ve so far worn mine with red, white and pink. I’d love to try it with some other colours too! It can also be worn with patterns as well! For this shoot I opted for the white, as I love how crisp it looks against the dark! My hair flowers are from Daisy Jean’s Signature Rose collection! My brooch is from DeerArrow and my beads are from Debstar Designs! My shoes are the Pin Up Couture cutie heels in pink. My belt can be found on ebay.

If you are after a dress that'll work with most occasions, this one is a goer! I've fallen in love with this dress, its versatility, its functionality and its overall look.


Thats it for me today! If you have any other questions or comments feel free to leave a comment!

I hope you've enjoyed this review. The lovely photos were taken by Russell J Thomas.

Til tomorrow!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Voodoo Vixen, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Voodoo Vixen-its such a shame this dress isn't available in plus size as you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete