Tuesday 8 September 2015

Be a Starlet ~ The Starlet Fever Vivien Dress in Classic Blue Review

Hello all!

Happy Tuesday! Its review time! I am so excited for today’s review!


In July, I was contacted by an AMAZING new Australian brand called Starlet Fever that makes vintage inspired dresses and seperates! I was beyond thrilled when they asked me to give one of their dresses a try. After feeling a bit overwhelmed by their incredible choices, I settled on the stunning Vivien dressin Classic blue. I’ve been trying to add blue back into my wardrobe, after wearing it SO much in my teens and this seemed like the perfect opportunity!


The dress arrived and it was perfect! I could instantly feel the quality in this dress. The colour was as vibrant as their website pictures depicted and the fabric felt incredible in my hands! The stitching was incredible and the little button detail was adorable! The invisible zip was a good quality one and didn’t snag or catch either with wear, which I loved. There is nothing that ruins a dress more for me than a crappy zip that constantly snags. From memory I pretty much wore it the very next day!

Photo taken by Cupcake Photography for Starlet Fever
The first thing I need to sing the praises for this dress about, outside of the quality which I’ve just talked about is how the wiggle portion of the skirt is sewn. As a girl with quite a booty, I struggle with wiggle skirts and some of my wiggle dresses. I’d had to have every wiggle skirt I own repaired at least once because by butt has ripped the seam above the split. And I find most dresses put a lot of pressure across my butt because of how they’re sewn. Not this pretty! This dress is sewn in such a way that it more hugs your butt instead of being sewn to sit flat across it. This made it INCREDIBLY comfortable to wear as there was no uncomfortable firmness.
Photo taken by Cupcake Photography for Starlet Fever
 I also found that the shoulders didn’t swim on me or that the bust didn’t gape. As I normally have to size up in to accommodate my backside and hips in wiggle dresses, I was pleasantly surprised that this dress fit both perfectly, which was such a great change! I also loved that this dress can be worn to work! Now days, with so much of my time spent in an office, I REALLY look for pieces that I can wear to work, which means halternecks and strappy dresses are not as prominent in my wardrobe anymore. This style fit perfectly into what I was looking for with my corporate pinup look!

 I bought the size 12, which was right for my measurements and it fit like a dream! This dress retails for $190.00AUD which considering the quality is definitely worth it! The fabric is beyond glamorous and whenever I wear this dress I get a LOT of compliments!
For this shoot I accessorised this amazing dress with pinks and peaches! My brooch is by Luxulite from Coconette-Oz and my flowers are Daisy Jean Floral Designs Signature Rose Double in peach!!


I also had the pleasure of modelling for the Starlet Fever website in August and will be doing a post about that amazing experience later this week! I honestly cannot sing the praises of this brand enough and look forward to adding more to my collection from their range before summer hits!

Photos (except those marked otherwise) were taken by the lovely Russell Thomas.
Looking forward to bringing you my post about shooting with Starlet Fever later this week!
If you have any other questions about this dress, please feel free to comment below.


Til tomorrow!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Starlet Fever Clothing, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment