Monday 16 February 2015

Vivien of Holloway - Sarong Dress in Hawaiian Royal print & Ramarim pumps from Nude Stiletto

Hello all! Its review time!

I was fortunate enough recently to be asked to review a brand I haven't owned before and I jumped on the opportunity, especially after having seen one of their dresses on my Instagram feed the day before!


Vivien of Holloway is a retro/pinup brand based in the UK. They make amazing reproduction dresses! The cuts and fabrics have really caught my eye over the past few months especially and I am so pleased to bring you a review of one of their pieces!


I also will be talking about this amazing brand of shoe that you are all going to love! I know I'm certainly sold!

Outfit Details:
Bamboo Earrings: eBay


So this dress is honestly one I am completely in love with! I choose this pattern because I am such a lover of tiki! This pattern in person, that features whales, islands, flowers, ocean and boats is honestly stunning. The vibrancy of the fabric is incredible and it really makes for a stand out piece in any pinup wardrobe!


One feature I really loved about this dress was the boned bodice. It gives the dress incredible structure across the waist and the bust line which gives a great line to the body! The thick halter strap will also be a godsend to bigger busted lasses where as a smaller busted gal like me found it give nice framing to the sweetheart neckline which I really loved! Also, because the bodice is boned you don't get a lot of pull on the halter neck strap, which is also fantastic!


The final detailing I'd like to talk about on the dress is the stunning front sarong style. The fact its stitched is great as it means you aren't having to constantly adjust it through your day/night and  feel it breaks the skirt perfectly, allowing for a stunning finish! I opted to keep my accessories simple as the dress was so busy! I wore my bamboo hoop earrings and pink/white orchids from my store Daisy Jean for a finish.


The only downside for me was that being rather small in the upper body but big in the hips, the matching bolero on my was rather big, though still wearable! I do personally prefer the dress as a stand alone item to be honest. 


Now lets talk SHOES because I am honestly in love! Ramarim is a Brazillian brand of shoe being hailed for its comfort....and I CAN SEE WHY! I put these babies on when I arrived at the shoot and I actually was stunned with how absolutely comfortable they are! I mean, I am not kidding! Hands down the most comfortable hair of heels I now own! Its insane! 


I went for the yellow to keep the dress as the statement piece and after walking around in them for a few hours on location in a garden these will definitely be a staple in my wardrobe for future outfits! To ladies after a nice heel that won't kill your feet, these are amazing!

I'm going to leave this review here for today! I'm so excited to be doing my first big review like this for you all!

Also a BIG thank you to my photographer Russell Thomas for these amazing shots and someone I look forward to working with again!

I hope you've enjoyed this post! 


Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes and dress as part of a sponsorship with Vivien of Holloway and Nude Stiletto, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. I own a couple of Vivien of Holloway dresses, such a great vintage repro brand! You look absolutely beautiful in your tiki inspired dress!! :)
    http://cherrymilla82.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete